People often find it hard to imagine what life is like in other countries. To some extent, we all live separately from the outside world. But there are some things which unite all of humanity. We all experience the same wide range of emotions — joy, despair, hatred, love, sadness, excitement, inspiration, desire. We’re all motivated to cut our own path through life and struggle against obstacles to get what we want.
The human spirit is stronger than we even know sometimes. We’re built to endure, persist, and overcome even the greatest of life’s challenges. We’re built to bounce back, And that we do. But sometimes, just sometimes, even the strongest of spirits need a solid reminder of their full power. This when I turn to powerful images to help me push through. This is when I find solace in the strength of others.
Have a look at these, and you’ll find the true spirit of yourself!
1. John Bramblitt is a blind painter who creates incredible artwork.
2. Practice Can Be Tough, These ballet dancers are extremely flexible.
3. Pawel Poljanski, Pictured below are cyclist Pawel Poljanski’s legs after 16 race stages of Tour de France.
4. Here you see some doctors taking a well-earned break after a 32-hour long surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from a patient’s brain.
5. This Philippino teacher has to cross a powerful river every day to get to school and her students.
6. This is Hugh Jackman pictured after having his 6th basal cell carcinoma cut from his nose. He often spreads awareness on cancer and encourages people to be safe in the sun.
7. Maria Lorena Ramirez won a 50k marathon in Mexico running in a skirt and sandals. Incredible
8. Dashrath Manjhi spent 22 years making a pathway through the mountain separating his village from a city to get access to the healthcare his community needs.
9. Ted Rammel sadly became suddenly paralyzed in 2010. Instead of letting this ruin his life, Ted continues to save lives working with the assistance of a wheelchair that allows him to stand.
10. Environmentalist Jadav Payeng has a passion for planting trees. He has been doing so for 37 years and today his forest exceeds 550 hectares.
11. Below you see 106-year-old Fauja Singh. He is a British Sikh, centenarian marathon runner. He has beaten a number of world records and holds a Guinness World Record.
12. This is 9-year-old Daniel Cabrera. He is using the light from McDonald’s to complete his homework.
13. Maule Dhan coming back to camp with beeswax after a honey hunt.
14. This Thailand’s Buddhist monk has been living with wild tigers ever since he received an abandoned tiger’s cub in 1999. Today, the number of tigers living on sanctuary grounds has reached more than 100.
15. 100,000 Monks Praying.
16. Aaron Fotheringham professionally skateboarding in a wheelchair.
17. This man was born without arms and legs…and trained his way to conquer Mount Kilimanjaro.
18. Vancouver. A musician cries during a service for the victims of 9/11.
19. This is the look of strength and freedom on a 10-year-old’s face. She was just granted a divorce from her much-older husband.
20. These are children who endure the Arctic cold 24/7…with smiles on their faces. Happiness knows no bounds.